If you love rugby, but you are unable to play or coach because of injury, time constraints, travel hassles, or perhaps you simply want a new challenge, then consider refereeing rugby as an alternative option.
Whether you want a gentle run around every couple of weeks or want to challenge yourself to go as far as you can with refereeing, the benefits are considerable. Here are a few:
- Full uniform provided including jersey, shorts, socks, bag, tracksuit, whistle, flags, etc.
- Flexibility - you tell us which days, times and locations you are available. You referee when work, family and other commitments allow.
- Full training/education programme provided weekly during the season, including coaching reports and assessments.
- Great pathways - opportunities to progress through the grades to representative rugby, regional and national squads and first-class and Test Match levels.
- Opportunity for Domestic and International referee exchange programme with many New Zealand provincial unions and numerous overseas destinations.
- Social events and opportunities, guest speakers, etc.
- Match ticket opportunities including Test Matches and World Rugby Sevens
- Networking opportunities.
- Off-season and pre-season fitness training available.
Whether you have refereed in the past or are completely new to it, if you want to join rugby's elite list of referees or simply want to give it a go, challenge yourself and give something back to the game, all while having fun, then call Referee Education Officer David Walsh on 0800 REFEREE (0800 7333 733) for more details.